26 – 28 July, 2024
Chyan Cultural Centre, Cornwall
There are two key times in a woman’s life when retreat is especially important: during the ‘winter’ time of her cycle (menstruation) and in the Vanavasa (post-menopausal) life-stage. This 3-day retreat for all women is aimed at giving you time and space to just be. When we stop the doing and turn our attention to the simplicity of the present moment, we give ourselves the opportunity to get closer to what is important to us. Spending time in nature supports the intention to turn within and discover your personal values.
Each morning begins with a meditation, pranayama and yoga practice to help bring you into the wisdom of the body. There will be a daily medicine walk on the land and Lucinda will offer teachings from Ayurveda and other spiritual traditions on women’s health and wellbeing. Periods of free time are scheduled in for self-guided activities, such as walking, journaling and resting.
The venue is situated in the countryside just outside Penryn. Chyan Cultural Centre offers simple camping facilities in a quiet, rural setting under the stars, away from the trappings of the modern world. The peace and tranquillity of the land will support you in connecting with your own inner peace.
Meals are vegetarian and made with fresh, local ingredients – special diets can be catered for on request. Food is prepared together and eaten around the campfire. The lovely Gill from Gollowi Wellbeing will be with us again this year to help ensure you are well nourished!
Accommodation is either in your own tent, or there are some beautiful Bell Tents available for those that just want to arrive and have everything already set up! Sleeping close to the earth can help us to be more in tune with the rhythms of nature, which in turn helps us to be more in tune with our own bodies.
I just wanted to write to say a warm and wide thank you for the weekend that I spent with you and the fabulous community of beautiful women that you attracted. It was enriching, challenging, enlightening and inspiring. Andy
- 2 night stay
- all meals; teas and coffee; please let us know dietary requirements at the time of booking
- 1 yoga class each day
- 1 meditation/pranayama practice each day
- meditation walk, teachings and kirtan around the fire (weather permitting!)
- accommodation of a Bell Tent – either single occupancy or sharing with a friend (price and availability dependent) OR bring your own tent. If you decide to use one of our tents, mattresses and bedding are provided
- some yoga equipment: blocks, straps, blankets
What’s NOT included:
- you will need to bring: all weather gear;
- a tent if you have opted to bring your own – with all sleeping equipment
- yoga equipment – bring anything you have, such as mat, blocks, bolster
- travel to and from the venue
- spa and massage sessions
£295pp bring your own tent
£345pp single occupancy bell tent
£345pp shared bell tent
Huge thanks for hosting such a wonderful weekend with Gill and the lovely group of women. I felt like my whole being slowed down to an inner rhythm, rest and relaxation was much needed and I felt so peaceful by the end of our weekend. So thank you! Ella
It was lovely to connect with you again & to join you for such a wisdom filled & enriching ‘unctuous’ 😉 retreat weekend. Sophie