Like most companies Lucinda Yoga collect your data. We do this so that we can run our business efficiently, process your orders, allow you to sign up for classes and ensure your safe attendance at our classes, workshops and retreats.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We collect your information when you register as a student with us (by filling in a new student form), when you apply for our teacher training programme, when you visit or make purchases via our website or when you sign up to receive marketing emails from us. We may also receive information from you if you contact us in other ways, such as by email or letter.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
When you register as a student with us, we collect details such as your name, address, email, contact number, yoga experience, emergency contact and relevant medical details.
If you apply for our Teacher Training Programme we will collect your name, address, date of birth, nationality, contact number, email, occupation, yoga experience and relevant medical details.
ADDITIONAL DATA SOURCES
Lucinda Yoga does not purchase individual personal data from third parties and we never sell or pass on your data to any third party for marketing purposes.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your website experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow you to register for classes or make purchases via our website.
- To ensure your safe attendance at our classes, workshops and retreats.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. You can choose to opt out of receiving these emails at any time either by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email or by contacting Lucinda Yoga. Please note that due to the way we schedule marketing emails you may receive any emails already in production after you unsubscribe.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR DATA FOR?
In line with our retention policies we will hold individual data as follows:
- Student data will be retained for 3 years following the last attendance at a class, workshop or retreat
- Information on Trainee Teachers will be held for 3 years following completion of the course
- Personal data used solely for marketing purposes will be deleted if the individual has not opened a marketing email in the last 12 months.
- Lucinda Yoga do not hold Financial data (credit/debit card details). When paying for classes via our website the payment merchant provider is Paypal. Please contact this organisation for details of their Privacy Notice
- Contracts with Teachers or Trainee teachers will be held for 3 years following termination of the contract.
- Contracts with third party processors will be held for 3 years following termination of the contract.
You have the right to access any data we hold about you (this is called making a ‘subject access request’). We will deal with any subject access request within 30 days. Please contact us in writing (letter on email) using the contact information above if you would like to do this. You can get more information about subject access requests on the Information Commissioners website at www.ico.org.uk.
You also have the right to ask us to amend your data if it is incorrect. Please contact us if you would like to do this.
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data. Please contact us if you want us to do this and as far as we are able to (taking into account our own legal obligations) we will do so.
You have the right of portability over your data. This means you can ask us to pass on information we hold about you to a third party in machine readable format. Please contact us if you would like to do this.
If you have any queries or complaints about how we are using your data then please contact us and we will do our utmost to help you. If, after contacting us you feel your complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0300 123 1113 or via their website at www.ico.org.uk.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
By using our site, you consent to our privacy notice.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue. You can do this by email, telephone using the details below.
Telephone: 01326 372419